Re: Questions on adding backlight support for the i915 driver

From: Elizabeth Myers <elizabeth_at_interlinked.me>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:45:45 -0600
On 01/30/15 09:17, John Baldwin wrote:
> Humm.  If the code is going to live in the drm driver, then I would
> start with hanging a sysctl off of the drm device itself.  (Each new-bus
> device_t has a sysctl ctx you can get to hang new nodes off of the
> device's node.)
I'm wondering if that's the correct place for it to live. So far it's
the only real place it *can* live that makes logical sense imho, unless
anyone has better ideas.

This is awesome. As for upower, it should probably be patched to know
about other types of brightness sysctls if/when this is implemented.

--
Cheers,
Elizabeth