Re: Questions on adding backlight support for the i915 driver

From: Elizabeth Myers <elizabeth_at_interlinked.me>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 00:13:28 -0600
On 01/30/15 23:20, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Do you have brightness buttons anywhere? What happens when you set it
> through this API and then you use the backlight buttons?

I do, but FreeBSD doesn't have the needed WMI doodads to interact with
this, nor do I have the needed Dell laptop doodads in the kernel to test
otherwise.

To get /those/ working will require something else entirely. I have been
looking at the Linux drivers:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/platform/x86/dell-wmi.c
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/drivers/platform/x86/dell-laptop.c

I'll save those for another day though, this is a bit off-topic. If
anyone else has laptop keys I'd like to see how they interact too.

--
Cheers,
Elizabeth