Re: Parallel release failed on pwd_mkdb

From: Oliver Pinter <oliver.pinter_at_hardenedbsd.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 22:42:43 +0200
On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:26 PM, Simon J. Gerraty <sjg_at_juniper.net> wrote:
> Oliver Pinter <oliver.pinter_at_hardenedbsd.org> wrote:
>> We got this build failure, when two release make release running in parallel:
>
> Can you elaborate what you mean by "two release make release" ?

Two concurrent make release would be the previous statement.

> Do you mean two separate builds running in the same tree at the same
> time using the same DESTDIR?

We building from separated git repos. Every "target" has an it's own,
and we don't specify custom DESTDIR, just issue a simple make
real-release in the ${SRCTOP}/release directory.

>> pwd_mkdb: /var/tmp/temproot/etc/pwd.db.tmp to
>> /var/tmp/temproot/etc/pwd.db: No such file or directory
>> *** Error code 1
>
> The pwd_mkdb command in etc uses $DESTDIR/etc - it obviously assumes
> that is unique.

I tracked down the issue to the ${SRCTOP}/release/scripts/mm-mtree.sh
file, which called without release specific temproot argument.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3002