Re: llvm boostrap? Clang failures.

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:50:22 +0200
On 10 Jul 2015, at 03:54, Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com> wrote:

> The "update clang" messages in UPDATING seem to not fix...
> ...llvm/include/llvm/ADT/StringRef.h: fatal error:
> 'algorithm' file not found
> make stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/lib/libllvmsupport...

Do you have the 'algorithm' file on your system, in /usr/include/c++/v1?
And is the rest of libc++ correctly installed?  You should have the
following libraries:

/usr/lib/libc++.a
/usr/lib/libc++.so
/usr/lib/libc++.so.1
/usr/lib/libc++_p.a

> The entire build fails similarly,
> also in any subtree I try to start from (clang, lib/clang... etc etc)
>
> Previously, the system was upgraded from another successful installworld by rsync'ing the
> /obj IIRC...
> Also I've tried parameters such as CPP=/usr/local/bin/clang-cpp36   to no avail...

Another possibility is that you are assigning to CFLAGS and/or CXXFLAGS
incorrectly.  Can you please post your make.conf and src.conf files?

Last but not least, from which version of FreeBSD are you building?  An
older copy of -CURRENT, or some -STABLE branch?

-Dimitry