Re: llvm boostrap? Clang failures. [ more info add to post ]

From: Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:12:57 -0700 (PDT), "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:50:22 +0200, Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > On 10 Jul 2015, at 03:54, Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The "update clang" messages in UPDATING seem to not fix...
> > > ...llvm/include/llvm/ADT/StringRef.h: fatal error:
> > > 'algorithm' file not found
> > > make stopped in /usr/src/lib/clang/lib/libllvmsupport...
> >
> > Do you have the 'algorithm' file on your system, in /usr/include/c++/v1?
> > And is the rest of libc++ correctly installed?  You should have the
> > following libraries:
> >
> > /usr/lib/libc++.a
> > /usr/lib/libc++.so
> > /usr/lib/libc++.so.1
> > /usr/lib/libc++_p.a
>
> Were missing.
>

> > > The entire build fails similarly,
> > > also in any subtree I try to start from (clang, lib/clang... etc etc)
> > >
> > > Previously, the system was upgraded from another successful installworld by rsync'ing the
> > > /obj IIRC...
> > > Also I've tried parameters such as CPP=/usr/local/bin/clang-cpp36   to no avail...
> >
> > Another possibility is that you are assigning to CFLAGS and/or CXXFLAGS
> > incorrectly.  Can you please post your make.conf and src.conf files?
> >
> > Last but not least, from which version of FreeBSD are you building?  An
> > older copy of -CURRENT, or some -STABLE branch?
> >
> > -Dimitry
>
> make CC=/usr/local/bin/clang36 CXX=/usr/local/bin/clang++36 CPP=/usr/local/bin/clang-cpp36 -NO_PROFILE
>   -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE -DNOPROFILE buildworld...
>
> Fails in the same way.
>
> Aside from rsync'ing over from another CURRENT that buildworld works on, which may happen soon,
> for an installworld, I wonder why some invocation of the above line, or one with gcc49, would not
> suffice...
>
> [ Tried several things in UPDATING and 'man build', but since even
>   /usr/bin/clang here is missing [1], things are not what they should be,
>   everything except buildworld works...   ]
> [1] I may be able to copy it over today using a thumbdrive, however...

I've a CURRENT r281990 that won't complete buildworld, nor installworld from

 an obj rsynced from r285019.
 and a src r285239
 IOW former won't install
 latter won't build...

 ( missing files, etc... error varies)

 Just a slight chance anyone has run into a similar situation...

 Current error is in /usr/src/lib/clang/libllvmsupport (file not found)
 during buildworld

 elsewhere,
 "don't know how to make auto.obj.mk"
 (usr/src/contrib/llvm/include) "make install" -- the above error occurs

 I don't suspect a mismatch between src and obj (former not building, latter already
 built); only a few days apart as to upgrades.

 Hopefully stated clearly enough.
 Not that important now, but may eventually be a showstopper.

 I've checked "man build" and UPDATING and not really sure how to proceed.