Re: Kernel Application Binary Interface (kABI) support in FreeBSD

From: Venkat Duvvuru <venkatkumar.duvvuru_at_avagotech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:32:48 +0530
Yes, my question was about kernel module compatibililty with FreeBSD's
major releases of a particular version.
For example, will FreeBSD makes sure that the driver built on 10.0 version
of Freebsd seamlessly load on all other 10.x versions of FreeBSD?
Does it make sure that the symbols and their parameters are not blindly
changed without considering the binary compatibility with other FreeBSD
version binaries?

RHEL kABI whitelist makes sure that once the symbol is added into the
whitelist, it will never be changed during the major releases of that
kernel.

Thanks,
Venkat.