Re: pmspcv panic on boot on this box

From: Glen Barber <gjb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 04:18:15 +0000
On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 06:57:05PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On 2015-07-30 17:17, Glen Barber wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 03:20:46PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> >>Kernel compiling -- give mr a bit and I'll boot it and make sure it
> >>comes
> >>up.
> >>

> >Larry, have you had any luck with this patch applied?  If it resolves
> >your issue, I want to make sure it is included in the 10.2-RC2 build.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> [...]
>
> There are 3 pictures from the CURRENT panic.
>
> it STILL fails. :(

Larry, I am sorry this is causing headaches for you, and I certainly
appreciate the prompt (and detailed) report, and assistance debugging
this.

Would you be able to try one more test case?

I'm interested in the behavior without the 'nodevice pmsdrv' addition to
your kernel configuration (effectively, removing the device from the
GENERIC kernel), and *without* the patch provided from Benno?

In particular, I'm interested in if ahd(4) attaches or if loader(8)
auto-loads pms(4) after the PCI IDs are detected.

As this issue also affects the upcoming 10.2-RELEASE, your willingness
to help debug this is greatly appreciated, as you've tripped over
something that would have caused a great deal of pain after 10.2 was
release.

I owe you several beers.

Glen