Re: Pluggable frame buffer devices

From: zen2k <tangential.dreaming_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 04:25:55 -0700 (MST)
Hello

I have an AOC e2251fwu monitor which I have used under debian using libdlo
with success in the past.
I have used the same driver under OpenBSD for testing purpose only with
"make check" and it's rendering
the test on the attached monitor.

I have spend one week and trying to figure out how to make the monitor work
under FreeBSD.
I have recompile the kernel using you're support for the udl.c and loaded
the module in the kernel.

kldstat:

Id Refs Address            Size     Name
 4    1 0xffffffff81fd6000 9e20     udl.ko
 5    2 0xffffffff81fe0000 71b0     videomode.ko

I have installed the xf86-video-scfb from the ports. And I'm stuck, can't
figure out why in the dmsg the adapter is still recognize as a generic usb
device shouldn't the drivers kicked in at this point making the monitor
available as a framebuffer adapter in  /dev ?

dmsg | grep DisplayLink

ugen2.3: <DisplayLink> at usbus2

Can you please provide some instructions regarding the steps involved in
making this monitor work?

Thank you.