Re: FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9 - Build #85 - Failure

From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg_at_juniper.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 01:27:44 -0700
Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the same problem on the up-to-date stable/10 host, trying to build

I'm building HEAD on stable/10, I just updated the tree and did a clean
tree buildworld ok.

> HEAD.  This is completely unacceptable, we have documented and always
> supported just
> 	make buildworld buildkernel
> on latest stable to get buildable and bootable HEAD.

I think that proposition became shaking as soon as the current options
model was added to the build - any new option will break building
unless you use the share/mk from head.

Hmm ok I've introduced the concept of options being set during sys.mk
which makes the above issue slightly worse.
Craig as already committed a fix for src/Makefile,
hmm I thought it had logic to switch to the tree's share/mk
in which case the change to src/Makefile should be all that's needed.

> There is yet another issue with the build system, I have
> 	INSTALL+=-CS
> in make.conf for around 15 years.  Apparently it is broken now.

Ah! make.conf is getting included earlier.
So that {local,src}.sys.mk can be included earlier so that any of them
can provide pointer to external toolchain before sys.mk sets CC etc.

That sucks, though that implies you are getting sys.mk from src/ at
least after the build gets going.