Re: amd64 base/head r284673 fails to build on amd64 base/head r284639, pilot error?

From: Trond Endrestøl <Trond.Endrestol_at_fagskolen.gjovik.no>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:00:43 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 18:14-0000, Mark Johnston wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 08:00:13PM +0200, Trond Endrestøl wrote:
> >
> > I concur. DTrace support is b0rken.
> >
> > I installed a fresh VM at work using Glen's recent base/head snapshot,
> > 20150618 r284544. I created an /etc/src.conf file with only
> > WITH_CTF=yes. I got hold of base/head r284678, started a -j4
> > buildworld + buildkernel, and immediately ctfconvert started
> > complaining about nothing to do, i.e.:
> >
> > ERROR: ctfconvert: rc = -1 No entry found [dwarf_next_cu_header_c(61)]
> >
> > Same result with -j1.
>
> These warnings are benign and are the result of compiling with WITH_CTF
> and without debug info. Compiling with WITH_DEBUG_FILES or
> DEBUG_FLAGS=-g will allow CTF to be generated, but its absence shouldn't
> cause any problems (aside from these annoying warnings).

Thanks for clarifying.

> > I probably forgot to mention earlier, after my problems began last
> > week, I always wiped /usr/obj clean before building again.
> >
> > I haven't activated dtraceall.ko using /boot/loader.conf, but I guess
> > those that dare, end up with a kernel panic. I certainly did that last
> > week.
>
> Can you elaborate on this? There don't seem to be any reports of such a
> panic, and I certainly dare to load dtraceall.ko on head. :)

It was sometime last week. I probably got a bad build due to the use
of my highly customised bash environment. The resulting world would
take 5.51 times longer to build another clean world and kernel, and
fail, with the norm being about one and a half hour on this hardware,
i7-960 _at_ 3.2 GHz. Thus, I reverted to a BE running r284273 from
earlier this month, and got away with that.

I have now switched to standard FreeBSD csh enviroment, and r284703
doesn't not have a problem loading dtraceall.ko. Sorry for all the
noise.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |