Re: Massive libxo-zation that breaks everything

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 05:27:40 +0300
On 03.03.2015 4:45, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

>>> Read the library. It doesn't care what output format it needs. It is up to the translation layer to do it. You could even do a csv format or most any other structured output format without changing the userland utils.
>>
>> I am happy the library can do it. So please stop to change userland
>> utils and back out all libxo changes from them. My concern is userland
>> utils, feel free to implement anything you need/want without changing
>> them in this ugly way.
>

> The responsibility is on you to provide something better, both the architecture AND code. So if you want it backed out, then write something better. Otherwise step back and let progress happen.

As it seems you know a lot about my responsibility and duty, I am very
surprised by your broad interests. If you let me to speak for myself a
bit, I can tell what I feel. In this particular case my responsibility
is just to give good advice at the road fork with one way leads to
obvious hell, nothing more. I already express my opinion from the
technical point of view and don't want to participate in the flame war,
so continue this thread without me, please.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/