Re: Shared object "libsodium.so.13" not found, required by "dnscrypt-proxy"

From: Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:47:57 +0000
On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2015, at 18:08, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 25, 2015, at 14:19, Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I noticed this too, but in that case why doesn't it affect all users?
>> (or all the ones using dnscrypt+local_unbound) maybe something changed in
>> "NETWORKING" recently?
>> >
>> > Hum:
>> >
>> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/etc/rc.d/NETWORKING?r1=275299&r2=278704
>> >
>> > Interesting, as I am using the most recent version which does not
>> REQUIRE local_unbound
>> >
>> > I'm even more confused now :|
>> >

>> > So it has to come after SERVERS but before local_unbound. But
>> NETWORKING depends on local_unbound they are both dependent on NEWORKING
>> which has to be after SERVERS. Can you say fubar! Clearly broken. And this
>> means that removing SERVERS will re-shuffle the order more appropriately.
>> >
>> > It seems that the behavior of rcorder is not as documented as well as
>> being undefined when circular dependencies occur. The man page says that
>> rcorder aborts when it encounters a circular dependency, but that is not
>> the case. It probably is best that it not die, but that leaves things in an
>> unknown and inconsistant state, which is also a very bad idea. I guess when
>> a circular dependency is encountered, a dichotomy occurs.
>>
>> Now you know why I’m so curious about all of this stuff.
>>
>> When I was working on ^/projects/building-blocks, I was able to move most
>> of these pieces around by changing REQUIRE: to BEFORE:, but I noticed that
>> it changes the rcorder a bit, so I haven’t been super gung ho in
>> implementing my change.
>>
>> I think there are a couple bugs present on 9-STABLE/10-STABLE/11-CURRENT:
>>
>> - Things go awry if named is removed/not installed.
>> - Things go awry if local_unbound is removed (which would have been the
>> case if the rc.d script was removed from your system, which existed before
>> my changes).
>> - Other rc.d scripts not being present might break assumptions.
>>
>> I need to create dummy providers for certain logical stages (DNS is one
>> of them) to solve part of this problem and provide third parties with a
>> mechanism that can be depended on (I wish applications were written in a
>> more robust manner to fail gracefully and retry instead of failing flat on
>> their face, but as I’ve seen at several jobs, getting developers to fail,
>> then retry is hard :(…).
>>
>> Another short-term hack:
>>
>> Install dummy/no-op providers so the ordering is preserved, then remove
>> the hacks after all of the bugs have been shaken out.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Garret,
>
> Also undocumented (except in rcorder.c) is that the lack of a provider is
> not an error. This effectively makes a list of providers into an OR. So,
> [...]
I re-sync my source and noticed the change while doing the mergemaster
part... with this I can now change dnscrypt to:

_at__at_ -4,7 +4,7 _at__at_
 #
 # PROVIDE: dnscrypt_proxy
 # REQUIRE: SERVERS cleanvar
-# BEFORE: named local_unbound unbound
+# BEFORE: DNS

And this makes the rcorder ok for dnscrypt-proxy