Re: What's the official method to test the build now?

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:37:49 +0100
On 21 Mar 2015, at 17:25, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Mar 21, 2015, at 06:35, Ian Lepore <ian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 2015-03-20 at 19:52 -0400, Ryan Stone wrote:
>>> "make tinderbox" has been broken for weeks, so I presume it's not what I'm
>>> supposed to be using to test my commits anymore.  What's the officially
>>> supported make target that I'm supposed to use?
>>
>> I use "make universe", sometimes with the -DMAKE_JUST_KERNELS option.
>
> make universe doesn't error out; make tinderbox does however.
>
>> But the LINT kernels for x86 and sparc have been broken since January.

So what's the effective difference between universe and tinderbox then?
I've built quite a number of universes recently, and I while I did get a
few errors, they were usually fixed quite quickly.

Also, universe generates LINT kernel configurations, and builds them.  I
didn't see errors there either...  Does tinderbox generate LINT configs
differently, somehow?

-Dimitry