Re: Atheros AR9460 and Acer Aspire V17 Nitro on FreeBSD 11 not working

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 17:38:55 -0700
On 21 March 2015 at 17:33, Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It may be rfkill then. It may be that there's a GPIO pin wired up
>> somewhere that needs updating. Erk.
>>
>> Someone buy me one of these laptops so I can see what's going on? :)
>>

> Mine (Acer Acer Aspire S3-391) costs around 650€ I think... The V17 has "air
> plain mode" instead of the Wi-FI on/off, but I guess it does the same
> thing... it also costs much more because of all the other hardware.
>
> I gladly give you one if I could afford it... :P
>
> Id be happy to join in a group donation if that's even possible.
>

> On another note this module is wifi+bluetooth, I wonder if in my case this
> dmesg log showing:
> ugen1.4: <vendor 0x0489> at usbus1 (disconnected)
> ugen1.4: <vendor 0x0489> at usbus1
>
> Is acctaully refering to turning off(hardware) bluetooth since I keep the
> wireless?

Yup.

(Reminds me, I should update ath3kfw in the base system already; I
have updated it locally to load in firmware for all the newer NICs.)

It may just be RFKILL. Hm, I wonder how you'd go about fixing that.

What are the contents of sysctl dev.ath.0 ? Can you put it up
somewhere? I think the rfkill setup/gpio pins are there.

-adrian