Re: T40 bootloop on CAM status: Command timeout on both 10.1 and -CURRENT

From: bsdml <pietro.bsdml_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:38:57 +0200
Hey wolfgang,

thanks for getting back to me. Adding hint.ata.1.disabled="1" in
/boot/device.hints indeed did the trick and allowed me to boot both 10.1
and 11-CURRENT, however this workaround has temporary solved my problem
but brings up to another headache. I have planned to get a bay caddy and
swap the cdrom drive with a 7.200 rpm SATA hdd, but doing this way
disabling the second SATA channel I will be unable to achieve such a thing.

Is there a chance that the bay caddy ATA will work without the need to
disable the second ATA channel?

Regards,
Pietro Sammarco