Re: hastd fail and panic on MAXPHYS=1m

From: Mykola Golub <to.my.trociny_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 13:24:51 +0300
On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 06:02:03AM +0900, Daisuke Aoyama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have problem with MAXPHYS=1m. (I don't know MAXPHYS=1m works on HAST.)
>
> I put "options MAXPHYS=(1024*1024)" in kernel config.
> Then, update primary node to the kernel and world.
> If the role back to primary on the machine, writing to the hast device cause an error and panic.
>
> I didn't check carefully, but it seems that geom_gate.ko use MAXPHYS=1m and hastd use
> MAXPHYS=128k.
> Of course, secondary is MAXPHYS=128k at this time.
>
> Is it an expected result?

Putting "options MAXPHYS..." in kernel config does not change the
value for userspace (hastd). You might want to try adding to
make.conf:

CFLAGS += -DMAXPHYS=1048576

and rebuild userspace (or just hastd).

Also, running the secondary with smaller MAXPHYS will likely fail
too. If you can't reinstall simultaneously I suggest running only the
updated primary (don't starting the secondary) until the secondary is
updated.

--
Mykola Golub