ixl and BOOTP

From: Eggert, Lars <lars_at_netapp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:40:19 +0000
Hi,

when I have the ixl driver compiled into my -CURRENT kernel (or loaded as a module via loader.conf), the boot seems to hang (or silently crash) when BOOTP starts bringing up interfaces to send out probes. (I'm not netbooting over an ixl, the boot interface is an igb.)

What works is building the kernel without the ixl driver and then loading it manually once the system is up. That way, BOOTP via igb succeeds.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Lars