Re: libc/gen: unused variables

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 17:30:39 -0700
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here's a patch against -head that eliminates gcc-4.9 complaining about

I've set up a Jenkins build of trunk using gcc 4.9:

https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9/

That build also keeps track of the number of compiler warnings over time,
so if you manage to reduce the warnings, we should see the trend.

How much of FreeBSD have you been able to compile with gcc 4.9, and on
which platform?

On amd64, I could get a buildkernel and buildworld to work, but I had to
forcibly
skip building sys/boot/i386/boot2 because the generated code is too big:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-toolchain/2015-March/001547.html

--
Craig