Re: libc/gen: unused variables

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 20:21:21 -0700
On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> > How much of FreeBSD have you been able to compile with gcc 4.9, and on
> which
> > platform?
>
> I get down to a little bit inside libc before I hit unused code warnings.

What platform are you compiling on?  Are you looking at anything else
besides "unused code" warnings?
In the Jenkins job, I put in the following in make.conf:

# disable -Werror in userland build
NO_WERROR=yes
# disable -Werror in kernel build
WERROR=

With this, I build and get all the warnings:
https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9/4/warnings17Result/

If you commit stuff which deals with the warnings, it would be hepful if you
can periodically monitor that Jenkins job and see if the overall warnings
go down.
Thanks.

--
Craig