Re: Need help reducing compilation warnings in CURRENT

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 12:09:35 -0700
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 5:38 AM, Johannes Jost Meixner <xmj_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> I'll gladly help (good excuse to learn C), but looking at those errors
> in general, one thing pops out:
>
> The warnings are almost all in contrib/ areas. Hence, any fix might
> want to probably be submitted to upstream first.

Sure, if we can push fixes upstream that would be great.
However, we shouldn't let that block us from comitting fixes to FreeBSD.
The advantage of having code in the FreeBSD repo is that we can
change it if we need to, even if the fix isn't yet in the upstream sources.
Contrib code is not made out of stone that can't be modified!

--
Craig