Re: Need help reducing compilation warnings in CURRENT

From: NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 15:07:01 -0700
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> If not upstreamed, there is a good chance it get lost during the next update. So
> in the special case of warning fixes, I would strongly advice to upstream
> first!!

+200

Plus upstream sources generally get slammed by multiple downstream
projects, so if we can contribute back fixes or pull in upstream fixes
as cherrypicks through the vendor tree, then that would reduce our
diff and make sure that upstream projects benefit from our changes.

The only time we should really be modifying and not giving back is
when we have FreeBSD-specific modifications that don't make sense in
upstream projects. Those should be rare occurrences though...

Thanks,
-NGie