Re: how do I downgrade from 11-current to 10-stable

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 16:20:42 -0700
On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 1:01 AM, Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
wrote:

> Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist_at_alogt.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 30 May 2015 05:52:56 -0400
> > Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > My desktop machine is 11-current and I want to down grade it to
> > > 10-stable how do I do this without needing a reinstall?
> > >

> > I did this several times from sources. Be aware of one problem which
> > could be fatal. If you created a encrypted partition with GELI and you
> > downgrade, the older version might not be able to handle the encryption
> > of the newer version. This is not mentioned in the documentation.
>
> The "[h]ighest GELI metadata version supported by the given
> FreeBSD version" is documented in geli(8)'s history section.
>
> Fabian

Unfortunately the list ends at 9.0. It would be nice if it could be
updated. I might sift through SVN and see if I can put together a patch for
10.2. It is quite likely that the version has not changed since 9.0.
--
Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com