Re: [CFT] Unicode collation string and reworked locale definitions

From: Pedro Giffuni <pfg_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 18:59:15 -0500
First of all, congratulations to Baptiste and Marino for succeeding where
I failed many moons ago. Also huge thanks to Nexenta and Garret D’Amore
for relicensing localedef for us.

Concerning regex;

Gabor_at_ did a lot of work on libtre but according to him it was not up to the
task performancewise. We would also lose features if we move to libtre.

I think our regex code actually has most of what is needed for multibyte
already. I have a patch that turns on the functionality but I haven’t found
any brave soul that will do the testing:

https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/patches/regex-multibyte.diff

Thanks again,

Pedro.