Re: Tunnelling IPv4 over IPv6 for GitHub access?

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:29:39 -0800
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:04:18 -0800
>
> ikvjwd.com once offered a service using haproxy, you can find their
> configuration here:

https://github.com/rcsheets/ikvjwd/commit/58979dcaf42fbbd9203067a6ba4629ba01469120

We were using ikvjwd.com, but that service did not seem to be very reliable.

> Another way to tunnel all IPv4 traffic is set up an OpenVPN server on
> a dual stack machine and route your client IPv4 traffic over it (that
> approach is actually very easy to accomplish, stable and will work
> with any service).

Can you point me to some docs for how to do this?  This could work for me.

I have two separate networks that are connected:

+--------------+           +--------------+
|              |           |              |
|    Dual      +---------> |   IPv6       |
|    stack     |           |   only       |

My machine is in the IPv6 only network, but it has access to
a dual stack network.  I still need to run my stuff which accesses
GitHub in the IPv6 only network.

--
Craig