Re: Timing issue with Dummynet on high kernel timer interrupt

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 11:15:49 -0800
Ideally there'd be both behaviours:

* You'd specify whether a timer/sleep needs to be exact or can
withstand some jitter (which is what linux provides); and
* You can communicate to the kernel its aggressiveness for coalescing wakeups.

Teaching powerd to flip on/off a sysctl for this isn't that tricky. I
remember seeing someone else in #bsdmips having issues figuring out
sleep-in-kernel durations and it being exactly this stuff (and it
being you, Ian, that figured it out) - so I'd like to at least fix it
in -head this time around!

Also - I thought the other issue was that precise callouts (versus the
default for callouts now which is "fuzzy" unless you specify
precision) were still jittering. Is that the case?

Thanks,

-adrian