Re: Cannot installworld, don't expect to...Workaround?

From: Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:26:57 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:10:55 -0800, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 11/7/2015 7:14 PM, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:
> > I've a not-complete-installworld from today, dumped core halfway through
> > despite single-user mode...
>
> Did you use -j to installworld?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bryan Drewery

No.   May have used -j 2 to buildworld...

Just then reading Makefile and Makefile.inc1 I was wondering (for lack of
which way to proceed... install to /tmp and rsync back over the system...)
Since the build tree appears to be too complex (Makefiles too numerous) to
test each command in installworld in advance before completion to be sure
the whole lot would complete,   I wonder which of the targets in those two
files are most complete in making installworld complete, at the cost of a
longer buildworld.
Something like tinderbox; toolchain; > buildworld  or whatever ensures that
all binaries, libraries etc used or referenced in the buildworld/installworld cycle
can complete a CLI without error; and that all target directories exist...
[I've had installworld fail due to missing target directories in
/usr/share for example..  which I patched up with a make -k ...]

A slight chance the installworld failed because of a drive bios quirk, though the
chance is only slight
Another slight chance it was due to EIDE rather than SATA cabling...

Another slight chance it ran "too fast" and if slowed down (twenty Makefiles one starts
manually.   sh Makefile.1 sh Makefile.2 ... ) may complete or at least be scrutinized
better.
Just so reading this post doesn't entirely anyone's time, here is an alias to try
possibly...
[ most recent files in the current directory listed last]  ... which I could use daily.

/usr/local/bin/gnuls -halstir |grep -v drw | awk '{print $11}'
...easier to read than the plain gnuls command above.

that I figured out today.     Maybe duplicate of another "ls" alias
I've already crafted, but here too many to count... so I seldom remember
more than a few.