Re: OpenSSH HPN

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:16:47 +0100
Bob Bishop <rb_at_gid.co.uk> writes:
> Is removing HPN going to impact the performance of tunnelled X
> connexions?

I don't think so.  It mostly affects the performance of long
unidirectional streams (file transfers) whereas the X protocol, as far
as I know, is a bidirectional exchange of relatively short messages.  It
may make a difference for applications that transfer large textures...
I don't really know enough about the X protocol to say for certain, but
I am typing this in Emacs over a non-HPN SSH connection, and I regularly
tunnel Firefox between the same two machines (RHEL 7 desktop at work and
FreeBSD 10 desktop at home).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no