Re: CFT: uintmax_t rman

From: Justin Hibbits <chmeeedalf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:56:59 -0600
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> emulators! emulators emulators emulators emulators emulators!
>
> You can emulate x86 (32, 64 bit) on your ppc via qemu-devel.
> I know that mips, mipsel, mips64, mips64el all work via qemu-system-*.
> sparc64 is .. coming.
> I'm not sure about arm, but I know arm64 can run in the emulator fine.
>
> So hm, can you automate firing things up in emulators?
>

> -adrian

Can I build a full bootable image for every arch without root
privileges?  There's no way that I'm going to build every architecture
on my 10 year old dual core machine (where I have root), it'll take
forever, so my only other option is to use the cluster, where I of
course don't have root privileges.

If I can type 'make universeimages' as non-root, then, sure, I'll take
the time to boot test every target that'll boot in qemu.  Otherwise, I
don't have the time to do it, and that's where crowdtesting is
advantageous.

- Justin