Re: DDB patches

From: Dan Partelly <dan_partelly_at_rdsor.ro>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 11:57:00 +0200
Hey Pedro,

Thanks a lot , mate.

I’m reluctant to put it up as a PR, since some PR are outstanding for years.

Adrian,

since Pedro has issue with hardware, could you try the patch and give a resolution on it ? I reviewed it mentally (no FreeBSD atm machine on which I could actually  patch the kernel)  and apart style changes it looks OK . Physically i can test it again fro a couple of days.  Getting this reviewed & tested / committed or rejected would give me an idea on how things actually work around here. This is actual code which you can commit or reject not commentaries only like in the thread regarding the binary code reuse.

[qute from libxo thread ]
>>It's all fine and good making technical decisions based on drawings and handwaving and philosophizing, but at some point someone has to do
>>the code.
>>The reason is simple - someone offered to do the work and push it through. This isn't a commercial thing where we get to make project >>decisions and allocate resources - the juniper folk came up with a solution that

Once I see how things work around here once someone wrote  the code,  and get this done one way or another , we could proceed to the libification of ifconfig, should you so desire, and you believe we can all benefit from it.

Dan