Re: freebsd-current compile with clang & ccache

From: Rainer Hurling <rhurlin_at_gwdg.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 20:34:58 +0100
Am 25.11.15 um 19:50 schrieb Bryan Drewery:
>>> apart from not using ccache? /
>>> I would recommend not setting CC or CCACHE_PATH in make.conf and using
>>> the new WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=yes option instead.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Bryan Drewery
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I’m seeing the same ccache errors and I do not have CC or CCACHE_PATH
>> defined anywhere. Only WITH_CCACHE_BUILD and WITH_FAST_DEPEND in src.conf.
>>

> WITH_FAST_DEPEND is not related.
>
> Are you building and installing as a different user? Using a different
> MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in build and install?
>
> Do you have CCACHE_PATH in your environment?
>
> Run 'make ccache-print-options|grep path'. It should have no value.

Is there any possibility to redirect the .ccache directory, something
like CCACHE_PATH for userland?

I am asking, because in my attempts to build base with WITH_CCACHE_BUILD
and WITH_FAST_DEPEND enabled, it breaks with error message 'file system
full'. My root partition has only 1GB and ccache itself seems to need
more than 800MB in /root/.ccache.

Thanks in advance,
Rainer Hurling