FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9 - Build #675 - Fixed

From: <jenkins-admin_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 21:42:11 +0000 (GMT)
FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9 - Build #675 - Fixed:

Build information: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9/675/
Full change log: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9/675/changes
Full build log: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9/675/console

Change summaries:

289467 by cem:
Document bitset(9)

289466 by andrew:
Replace build_section_pagetable with build_l1_block_pagetable as it takes
an extra argument to specify the number of 1GiB pages to map. This should
be a nop as we are only mapping a single page, but when we move to use an
extra level of page tables we will be able to map a second block, e.g. if
the kernel was loaded over a 1GiB boundary.

289465 by ngie:
Only use -fstack-protector-strong with supported compilers

This includes clang 3.5.0+, gcc 4.2.1, gcc 4.8.4+

This allows me to do subdirectory makes again after setting
MAKESYSPATH on 10.2-RELEASE as it comes with clang 3.4.1.

As a sidenote: this isn't technically correct for all vintages
of gcc 4.2.1, but will be correct when gcc is rebuilt/reinstalled
after r286074, so this version check should be good enough.

X-MFC with: r288669
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3924
Reviewed by: emaste, pfg

289464 by bdrewery:
Remove unneeded MK_CTF=no when MK_CDDL=no.

This has been handled since r228158 made MK_CTF dependent on MK_CDDL
in share/mk/bsd.opts.mk.

MFC after:	2 weeks
Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division

289462 by bdrewery:
Fix wrong PATH being set for world 'includes' stage after r289438.

The 'includes' target is currently a pseudo target in bsd.subdir.mk that
does 'cd ${.CURDIR} && ${MAKE} buildincludes && ${MAKE} installincludes',
versus all over targets that just recurse.

In Makefile.inc1 the older duplicated bsd.subdir.mk logic for calling
'includes' was being executed in each subdir directly, meaning 'cd lib && make
includes' became 'cd lib && make buildincludes && make installincludes'.  Now
that the bsd.subdir.mk logic is used it is calling 'make buildincludes && make
installincludes' from the top-level which pulls in the PATH=<default path>
from /Makefile.

The sub-make logic for 'includes' in bsd.subdir.mk was attempted to be removed
in r289282 but turned out to be wrong.  I have a working version now but
it is not yet ready for commit.  So for now in Makefile.inc1 split out
'includes' to 'buildincludes' and 'installincludes' which will avoid the
problem.

MFC after:	2 weeks
X-MFC-With:	r289438
Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division

289461 by melifaro:
Remove several compat functions from pre-fib era.

289460 by bdrewery:
Rework the 'make -n -n' feature such that '-n' recurses and '-N' does not.

Bmake has a documented feature of '-N' to skip executing commands which is
specifically intended for debugging top-level builds and not recursing into
sub-directories.  This matches the older 'make -n' behavior we added which made
'-n -n' the recursing target and '-n' a non-recursing target.

Removing the '-n -n' feature allows the build to work as documented in
the bmake manpage with '-n' and '-N'.  The older '-n -n' feature was also
not documented anywhere that I could see.

Note that the ${_+_} var is still needed as currently bmake incorrectly
executes '+' commands when '-N' is specified.

The '-n' and '-n -n' features were broken for several reasons prior to this.
r251748 made '_+_' never expand with '-n -n' which resulted in many
sub-directories not being visited until fixed 2 years later in r288391, and
many targets were given .MAKE over the past few years which resulted in
non-sub-make commands, such as rm and ln and mtree, to be executed.

This should also allow removing some indirection hacks in bsd.subdir.mk and
other cases of .USE that have a .MAKE by using '+'.

Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division
Discussed on:	arch_at_ (mostly silence)

289459 by trasz:
Remove write-only variable.

Submitted by:	Dominic Marks
MFC after:	1 month
Sponsored by:	The FreeBSD Foundation

289458 by bdrewery:
Conditionalize the META_MODE tool handling on MK_META_MODE.

It was not being used outside of META_MODE but this should make it more clear
that it is only for META_MODE.

Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division

289457 by jah:
Don't page-align the physical address when calling PHYS_TO_VM_PAGE().

M    busdma_bounce.c

289456 by dumbbell:
drm/i915: Reduce diff with Linux 3.8

There is no functional change. The goal is to ease the future update to
Linux 3.8's i915 driver.

MFC after:	2 months

289455 by andrew:
Rename build_block_pagetable to build_l2_block_pagetable in preperation
for adding support for 4 levels of page tables.

Obtained from:	Patrick Wildt <patrick_at_bitrig.org>

289454 by kib:
Add checks for kernel VA accesses to the copyin(9) and related
functions on arm64.

Reviewed by:	andrew
Sponsored by:	The FreeBSD Foundation
Differential revision:	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3907

289453 by trasz:
Add -w flag to iscsictl(8) utility, to make it wait for successfull
session establishment.  Scripting is kind of hard without it.

Reviewed by:	mav_at_
MFC after:	1 month
Sponsored by:	The FreeBSD Foundation
Differential Revision:	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3872

289452 by trasz:
Add iscsictl(8) and iscsid(8) to rescue(8).  The point is to make it
easier to build md_root images from rescue(8), to use with iSCSI boot.

The change increases the size of rescue by 62kB, from 8728kB to 8790kB.

Reviewed by:	bapt_at_
Differential Revision:	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3865