env functionality of config(5) has no effect?

From: Eggert, Lars <lars_at_netapp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 08:09:15 +0000
Hi,

I'm trying to include some loader tunables in the kernel, via the "env" functionality described in config(5).

When I look at the compiled kernel binary with strings(1), I see that the tunables are compiled in.

However, they don't seem to take any effect when booting the kernel, and they also don't show up when running kenv(1) after boot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lars