Re: What changed in rc.d infrastructure in last months?

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:27:45 +0300
Hello NGie,

Sunday, October 25, 2015, 11:09:03 PM, you wrote:

> Ok, this is really not making sense from a design perspective.
> `ifconfig_<foo>` is being overloaded for starting up hostap’s (even though
> ifconfig itself doesn’t support hostap — only `wlanmode ap`). I don’t
 ifconfig doesn't support dhcp either, but dhclient is run via "DHCP" in
 `ficonfig_<foo>`

> understand why it was done this way instead of just creating additional
> variables for `hostapd_<foo>`
 Long time ago there was simple `hostapd_enable` and `hostapd_interfaces` :)
 But it doesn't allow to automagically start hostapd for hotplugged (i.e.
 USB) interfaces. On the other hand, automatic DHCP on hot-plugged
 interfaces have sense and automatic hostapd doesn't, IMHO.

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev_at_FreeBSD.org