Re: acpi suspend debugging techniques?

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 15:30:26 -0700
[Much trimming, both of older content and recipient addresses -- dhw]

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 06:18:52PM -0400, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> AFAICT, the whole suspend/resume code looks incomplete and very messy.
>  In fact, I'll be very surprised if it ever worked. :-(
>
> Jung-uk Kim

While I bow to your expertise in the area, I point out that I
routinely suspend my laptop before putting it in my backpack, then
cycling between the shuttle stop and my house during my daily
commutes to & from work -- usually running stable/10, but I'm
sometimes running head at the time.

And I track both stable/10 and head daily on that laptop (in different
slices).

While I do encounter "issues" from time to time, those are rare enough
that I'd call them "unusual."  (To quantify that, I think I've had 3 - 5
such incidents since November 2014, while generally commuting 5
days/week.)

I'll be happy to test. :-)

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous cowards.