Re: sendmail errors upon partial upgrade [SOLVED]

From: Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 23:16:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:38:40 -0700 (PDT), "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:04:52 -0700, Claus Assmann <freebsd+current_at_esmtp.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 10, 2015, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:
> > > opendaemonsocket: daemon Daemon0: cannot find: Can't assign requested address
> >
> > What's your mc file?
> > What's the output of:
> > fgrep Daemon0 /etc/mail/sen*.cf
> > and maybe
> > grep '^O DaemonPortOptions' /etc/mail/sen*.cf

> Hmmm... three times I've composed a half page and the webmail erases it all  upon
> attempting to paste in any file.
> So short snippets...   until I learn webmail better
>
> relevant parts freebsd.mc
>  2009
>  mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailtertable`
>  smat host is defined
>  MAILER(local)
>  MAILER(smtp)
>
> rc.conf
> sendmail_enable="NO"
> sendmail_flags="-q1m"
>
> I've run mailq, verbose sendmail,  mtree, rebuilt base sendmail and the /etc/mail rebuild/resinstalls...
>
> Perhaps  a  recent change requires the network active before sendmail starts or
> ipv6 defined somewhere or some other recent development in CURRENT,  or
> smtp somehow was configured back in 2004 and this week overwritten somehow...
>
> I've /var/log/maillog, attached as files, parts of when it was working and
> now when it isnt...
>

> Sorry to not proivde more information and not having the time right now to do a buildworld cycle
> instead...

Found an old pdf describing buildworld on v7.  noticed m4 - mtree run as the last step.
Rebooted to single-user

On a hunch, I
found files in /usr/src/etc that had not been updated along with the
/usr/src/etc/rc.d which had (one or two or three files... network.subr etc)
copied those few over,
Maybe another fix or two... similar...
reinstalled sendmail single user for good measure,

Upon reboot all is back to as it was before, save a few errant not important
misconfigurations which crept in that should resolve during the next year or
so during usual port upgrades and buildworld cycles.

Immediately logged on here, although it is late, so no one wastes anymore time
on this problem...