Re: Intel Haswell support - Any updates?

From: Russell L. Carter <rcarter_at_pinyon.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:23:06 -0700
On 09/17/15 10:40, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Thursday, September 17, 2015 a las 11:02:07AM -0400, Kris Moore escribió:

>>> What dow you have against vesa? I run CURRENT on some Acer C720
>>> Chromebooks with Haswell chipset in Vesa mode. And you will not note it.
>>> I have never ever had such a fast desktop (KDE4) before. I can live fine
>>> with Vesa until Haswell suport is there.
>>>
>>> 	matthias
>>
>> BTW, have you tried the xf86-video-scfb driver? It works much better
>> than vesa here. The only catch is you have to be booted UEFI with CSM
>> disabled. Using it on my X1 Carbon, gets 3k resolution properly and
>> everything. Thanks to Glen Barber for bringing that to my attention.
>
> The Chromebook Acer C720 does not has UEFI; it runs Coreboot with
> SeaBIOS as payload.
>
> The Xorg runs fine without any xorg.conf file, just detects the video as
> Vesa with 1366x768 resolution, the max of the 11" screen of this
> netbook.

Do you have 802.11n and hibernate working on that c720?  I put linux on
mine for that reason.  Although despite immense efforts I can't get
the trackpad to be detected.  I tried bringing up 10.2 on it but
couldn't get it to boot.  These things are just awesome.  4G memory
+ i3 + 6hr battery for $240 delivered.

Russell