Re: Intel Haswell support - Any updates?

From: Shane Ambler <FreeBSD_at_ShaneWare.Biz>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 16:00:41 +0930
On 18/09/2015 02:51, Shawn Webb wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 07:00:15PM +0200, Jean-S??bastien P??dron wrote:
>> Hi everyone!
>>
>> I'm very sorry I didn't communicate at all on the i915 update project.
>>
>> So here is a status update: since this morning, the driver builds fine.
>> I'm currently attending the XDC (X.Org Developers Conference) and don't
>> have an Intel laptop to test with me. However, Johannes Dieterich (also
>> attending the conference) offerred his help, so we will do that today.
>>
>> Obviously, do not expect something stable in the coming couple days.
>> Thank you for your patience :)
>
> First of all, I want to say (nay, YELL!) "THANK YOU!" You're doing a

+1

>> Now about other related tasks:
>>      o  A Mesa update will be committed Real Soon Now?. It will unlock
>>         GLAMOR and OpenCL support.
>
> OpenCL on FreeBSD would be stupendously amazing!

A little off-topic but has anyone tried to get nvidia to return libcuda
to our drivers? While it was there a few years ago it was removed yet
again. From what I could tell we had to use the linux sdk to compile
cuda kernels which probably hindered freebsd using it so the sdk may
need porting to freebsd as well.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler