Re: Intel Haswell support - Any updates?

From: Michael Gmelin <grembo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:57:10 +0200
> On 18 Sep 2015, at 15:33, Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler_at_tngtech.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 17 September 2015 20:57:20 Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> You must run a ver y recent -HEAD; Wifi is fine
>
> I cannot run HEAD because I need a stable system for work. Will there be a
> package for FreeBSD 10? I really want to get rid of my crappy b/g usb stick.

Unlikely, as it involved some breaking changes to smbus we can't do within a major release. Many other changes might work on 10 (like memory detection, smbinfo quirks and changes to atkbd). You could of course keep the breaking changes in a separate patch set (those enable light sensor and touch pad).

See here for a list of commits involved, you might be able to back port most of it:

http://blog.grem.de/sysadmin/FreeBSD-On-AcerC720-Merged-2015-07-25-23-30.html

- Michael