Re: CURRENT: net/igb broken

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:23:23 +0200
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 21:13:18 +0000
Eric Joyner <ricera10_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> If you do a diff between r288057 and r287761, there are no differences
> between the sys/dev/e1000, sys/modules/em, and sys/modules/igb directories.
> Are you sure r287761 actually works?

I'm quite sure r287761 works (and r287762 doesn't), double checked this this
morning again. I also checked r288093 and it is still not working.

The ensure that I'm not the culprit and stupid here:

I use a NanoBSD environment and the only thing that gets exchanged, is the
underlying OS/OS revision. The configuration always stays the same. The base
system for all of my tests is built from a clean source - (deleted obj/ dir,
clean, fresh build into obj/ for every test I ran).

I realised a funny thing. Playing around with enabling/disabling TSO (I have
been told that could be the culprit in an earlier Email from this list) with the
commend sequence:

ifconfig igb1 down
ifconfig igb1 -tso
ifconfig igb1 up
ifconfig igb1 down
ifconfig igb1 tso
ifconfig igb1 up
.
.
.

while a ping is pinging in the background a remote host connected to that
specific interface, the ping does work for a while and dies then after a round
trip of roughly 10 - 20. I can reproduce this.

is that observation of any help?

Regards,

oh