Re: Keeping OptionalObsoleteFiles.inc up to date

From: Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3_at_amdmi3.ru>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 15:59:03 +0300
* Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com) wrote:

> > I'm trying to use "make delete-old" specifying WITHOUT_ keyword for
> > removing some no-more used set of files.
> >
> > I've start by testing WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN:
> > - Some of files related to clang are correctly delete
> > - But there are still lot's of others (like /usr/bin/cc)
> >
> > Then I've checked tools/build/mk/OptionalObsoleteFiles.in and found that
> > lot's files are missing in the ".if ${MK_TOOLCHAIN} == no" section.
> >
> > I've started a new run of phk's build_options_survey script:
> > https://people.freebsd.org/~olivier/build_option_survey_20160406/
> >
> > And wonder if it's possible to automatically generate the list of
> > conditional files to be put in OptionalObsoleteFiles.in from the result of
> > a build_option_survey script ?
>
> amdmi3 had a method for doing this, but I think it was a bit of a
> brute force approach (I could be wrong).

You are not.

https://github.com/AMDmi3/obsolete-files-checker

> The release-pkg project branch method seems like the best way to go
> about it though because it would kind of do the sanity checking for
> us...

Agreed. make delete-old + OptionalObsoleteFiles.in will never be
complete and work correctly. I'm waiting for packaged base too.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3_at_amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3_at_jabber.ru      http://amdmi3.ru