Re: [CFT] packaging the base system with pkg(8)

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:42:22 +0300
On 18.04.2016 22:14, Glen Barber wrote:

>>> I understand, that maybe it is too late, but ARE YOU KIDDING?! 755
>>> packages?! WHY?! What are reasons and goals to split base in such
>>> enormous number of packages?
>>
>> Just a guess, having done the same thing myself:  it means that updates can be
>> more targeted.
>>
> This is exactly the reason, which has been answered numerous times.
 Does somebody noticed, that it looks broken now:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2016-April/060687.html

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2016-April/060690.html

 And it is exactly concern: it hard to notice such breakage, as there is
hundreds of packages.

--
// Lev Serebryakov