Re: [CFT] packaging the base system with pkg(8)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:36:29 -0700
It's cool. I have positive and negative reactions, and I'm totally
happy to let people try it out at a larger scale and learn from
mistakes.

Because, honestly - fuck it, we've been behind for too long. We need
more mature tools and knowledge with this.

The irony of course is the people rolling out docker are doing it
after finding that OS packages aren't the best granularity, but
"whatever the package systems in the software stack we're using, and
then tar the whole mess up and distribute it" method. Kinda like
FreeBSD....

-adrian