Re: OCZ ssdpx-1rvd0120 REVODRIVE support

From: Pavel Timofeev <timp87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 18:34:40 +0300
17 апр. 2016 г. 13:44 пользователь "Rainer Duffner" <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
написал:

> > Am 17.04.2016 um 11:05 schrieb Pavel Timofeev <timp87_at_gmail.com>:
> >
> > HI! I've recently got a SSD device. Yes, not a disk, but a device.
> > It's called, i. e. one of the first REVODRIVEs.
> > It's a PCI-express card with two embedded ssd disks about ~ 55GB size.
> > And it's a raid card. Fake software raid. You can set it up as a
> > RAID0, RAID1, etc and a CONCATENATION. No way to leave it unconfigured
> > or set it as JBOD or something else.
> > You just won't be able to boot from this device in that case.
> >

> It says „Linux support planned“…

> on the product page.

FreeBSD is not Linux =)

Anyway I managed to install Ubuntu on it. Not on all of the configurations
though.

> Tried loading the  nvme(4) driver at the countdown?
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=nvme&sektion=4

It's included into GENERIC. But no /dev/nv* devices are found.

> I’d suspect the Intel SSD 750 series would be a better choice…

Well, if I had a choise I wouldn't try to ask someone to help me ;)

I'm not a developer, but it seemed to me not a really hard work to add full
support of this device to FreeBSD, because it already work partyally and
detects by graid.

> Rainer

Probably it's better to attach graid list/status output?