Re: [CFT] packaging the base system with pkg(8)

From: Dan Partelly <dan_partelly_at_rdsor.ro>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:26:02 +0300
The scenario is:

Let’s say I have autofs_enable , working with media map.

If I have a CD in CD drive , all is well and when the system is fully booted up
/media contains a directory through which I can access the content of the
CD-ROM. Now if you eject this CD , and insert a new one, nothing happens.
/media does not contain a new access point for the new disk inserted in the
device.

What I would expect is when I change the media in Cd-rom , a new
access point for the volume in question should be reated in /media.

Perhaps this functionality is exposed differently by the automounter,
but them I would not expect the CDrom to be accessible at all though the
media map.

> he problem here is that it's quite hard to fix, there's a risk
> of breaking existing functionality, and the problem is largely cosmetic.

until you have more than 10 of them there, when it largely annoying.
anyway, what is the reason it is very hard to fix and it would break existing
functionality. can you please shed some light ?