Re: [CFT] packaging the base system with pkg(8)

From: Dan Partelly <dan_partelly_at_rdsor.ro>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:27:02 +0300

> *THAT* is the tone I was complaining about. This is not at all respectful.

Respect is a two way street. If you want respect, offer yours.  We make our point  very  poorly, I get you, but it is the result of  what you and others from the projectdo. Meaning, 0 communication. I dont know if that  means 0 communications skills,or you do not communicate on purpose. You as a member  of the core team, should be one of the first to address this problem.

After all you the core invested time in code of conducts and other things of  questionable value, but at the same time you always avoid to clearly communicate  with your user base.

> 've met personally with Glen, in person. I had a wonderful chat with him.

Maybe you did. We did not. Serious mechanism issues regarding pkg went  unanswered on the other list. Look on pkg list, very rational, polite, and to  the subject, 100% rational message about pkg base which is not responded. So, you complain about tone, and how helpful  would  be for ppl to change it. Let me give you a suggestion: start with altering your own behaviour. Offer  respect, be communicative, less sensible on internet where it is very hard to convey “tone”. You'll see that it works wonders to indirectly alter the  behaviour of the people you so eloquently compared to peasants daring to disturb the lord of the castle.

You says that everything will be OK. I want to  believe you. But giving the track record  VIMAGE has, and how many gugs go on and on with years  Im not so sure that you guys wont do the same with this subsystem,  and leave it with rough edges for half a decade.  Because we all know that everything will be OK in the end. Timeframe is also important.