Re: RFC on a published change to FreeBSD 11 kqueue file ops.

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 20:17:06 +0900
One (two?) question(s).

Any mechanism for monitoring file alternation (modify/create/rename/...)
should NOT avoid unmounting filesystem.

With this aspect, are these patches conforming?

If not, there should be some mechanisms to stop monitoring per device /
share basis. Are there some?

 *Imagine removable medias and network shares. Before I found some pages
  stating gvfs-trash is evil and began running script to stop it if
  running, I must shutdown my computer only for removing mounted SD
  card. It's not acceptable behavior for base system.