Re: Passwordless accounts vi ports!

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 07:59:03 +0200
On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 15:29:03 +1000
Dewayne Geraghty <dewaynegeraghty_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Olivier,
> I've checked my 10.3Stable systems and they all have '*' as their password,
> which is consistent with /usr/ports/Mk/UIDs.  You might like to check the
> age of the latter.
> Regards, Dewayne.
> PS Both ports and src were built from updated src and ports from 2016-08-09

The system is a most recent CURRENT as compiled yesterday last time. The ports
tree is also up to date and updated on a daily basis, so are the ports.

Interestingly, the problem shows up only on one box so far, although all
other systems are also CURRENT and updated the very same way.

On another system, only user "bacula" has an empty password, were this user is
set correctly with a "*"-password on another system, on which I installed
bacula months earlier.

I checked the installation of the ports and their installating the
password-result again and all I tested (polkit, bacula, sane) did set the "*"
as expected (I deleted manually the password entry via vipw before).

I guess this "problem" is due to the fact I install ports and world on a daily
basis on such systems and the likelyhood hitting a interim bug is very high.

Regards,
Oliver