Re: Wayland work status

From: Jan Kokemüller <jan.kokemueller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 16:32:49 +0200
Hi,

On 12.08.16 01:18, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
> x11/libinput (removed udev-stubs and linked to libudev-devd)

If you feel adventurous, you can try out the current state of the
libinput port here (1.4.0):
https://github.com/jiixyj/libinput

I haven't yet tested the port with the evdev kernel work, though. I've
been using my evdev implementation in userspace which uses cuse to
create /dev/input/event* devices (https://github.com/jiixyj/evdevfbsd).
I needed to adjust a few ioctl defines from the linux/input.h header to
make some features work. The way Linux defines EVIOCGMTSLOTS and
EVIOCGRAB didn't work with cuse. The kernel evdev implementation may
work slightly differently, so that's something to look out for.

I've moved the udev-stubs.{c,h} out of the port into a separate library,
but libudev-devd (https://github.com/wulf7/libudev-devd) certainly looks
more mature!

The libinput code itself isn't that different from upstream anymore.
I've removed the epoll->kqueue porting work and written a small epoll
wrapper instead that implements everything libinput/libevdev and
possibly wayland needs (https://github.com/jiixyj/epoll-shim). This
isn't integrated yet into the build system of the libinput port, though.
So you have to do something like 'CFLAGS="-I ~/git/epoll-shim/include -L
~/git/epoll-shim -lepoll-shim -pthread" LDFLAGS="-pthread -lrt"' when
configuring libinput.

All this can be used with the xf86-input-libinput driver to get smooth
and horizontal scrolling in X, which is awesome!

--
Jan