Re: FreeBSD 11.0-RC1 boot prompt kernel load issue.

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 10:22:23 -0700
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 01:35:08 PM Murthy Bhat wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is regarding issue faced during OS(FreeBSD 11.0-RC1) installation on the storage behind our smartpqi storage controller.

Are you using EFI or legacy boot?  Also, can you capture a screenshot of the
crash messages?  If it is not EFI, we probably crashed in the BIOS routines
used to read data from the USB drive.  It may be a BIOS bug (which isn't easily
fixable), but we would need the register dump from the crash to figure anything
out.

--
John Baldwin