Re: Is there possible run a MacOS X binary

From: Matthieu Volat <mazhe_at_alkumuna.eu>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 19:10:56 +0100
On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 14:31:06 -0500
"Kevin P. Neal" <kpn_at_neutralgood.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 02:49:07PM -0300, Nilton Jose Rizzo wrote:
> >

> >  Sorry for cross posting (-current and -ports)
> >

> > Is there any emulator like linuxator to run Mac OS X binaries, or
> > is ther any licensing problem?
>
> It may be possible to make an emulator for Darwin (the OS that Mac OS sits
> on top of), but an emulator for Mac OS would probably require a legal copy
> of Mac OS.
>
> So, no, there is no Mac OS emulator for FreeBSD. And I'd be surprised if
> it ever happened.

You can have a look at darling <https://www.darlinghq.org/> which aim to provide the macos(x) equivalent to wine (so, no kernel bits?), but given how I'm currently struggling with wine on FreeBSD, I would not bet this will work without some porting.

(Note that lots of parts of macos are closed source (frameworks, and aqua), so unlike linux, you can't just grab their libraries like that, and there's the problem of the display)

-- Matthieu